Suubi Home Guest Residence - Your Home Away From Home
Suubi Home serves many purposes for Project Orphans - it is our missions base and guest house, the residence for George and Sarah, Project Orphans Executive Directors, and also houses children (on a temporary basis) who are unable to live at their home due to an immediate danger or risk.
The upper level of this two-story home serves as a guest quarters and missions base for PO teams, other teams, and/or individuals traveling to Uganda. Whether you are visiting Uganda with the purpose to host a medical missions trip, traveling for business, bringing a missions team or just a single-adventurer - we would love to have you stay with us.
Many people think that we are able to employ our local Ugandan team at Project Orphans only through our donors and fundraisers here in the United States, but what many people don’t know is that we employ many of our local Ugandan family through our Suubi Home Guest House.
Momma Violet, Regina, Robert, Sheban and George are some of our amazing employees we have working at the Suubi Home Guest House. Momma Violet is the amazing on-site chef who has worked in an industrial kitchen before joining our team. She will help prepare your meals and also oversee any special dietary requests. Regina makes sure the home is ready for your arrival. Fresh linens, towels and a complimentary water bottle are nicely displayed as you check-in to a very clean and organized Suubi Home. George and Robert work as our grounds-keepers and day/night security guards.
Because of the wonderful guests we have stay at the guest house, we are able to provide jobs for them and allow them to provide for their children and family.
If you are interested in booking a stay for yourself or a group at the Suubi Home Guest House, you can email Brittany@ProjectOrphans.org. You can also book online through AirBnB by visiting here.
**100% of the proceeds from your stay go directly back to the programs Project Orphans is doing on the ground in Uganda.
Suubi HOme - Dining Areaa
Private Bathrooms With Hot Water
Our Home Sleeps 20+ Guests
Suubi Home - Guest Living Space
Suubi Home Policies
- Please help us conserve water. You can do this by limiting shower time, turning off the tap while brushing your teeth and letting us know if you see any leaky faucets!
- Keep the bugs out. Keep food sealed/closed at all times. Also, please throw your trash away in a covered trash bin. We like to keep critters outside.
- Save power. Please remember to unplug your personal items and turn off all lights and fans when leaving Suubi Home.
- Booze free zone. Many of the people and children we work with have been affected by alcoholism. At Suubi Home, we ask that there is no alcohol or drugs brought on site.
- R.E.S.P.E.C.T. During your stay we ask that you respect others and their personal time, things and beliefs. We are all here to help provide aid and hope in whatever way we are called. Let’s work together to make a difference, inspire hope and share love with the people in Uganda. Project Orphans also asks that you treat all our staff with kindness and respect. They are part of our family and we think they are pretty great!